All games will be played on Saturdays and some weeknights at Sycamore Church of Christ & Collegeside Church of Christ.
The first game each Saturday will begin at 8:00 am. There will be a devotional time prior to each game. Coaches will present an award to each player following the game.
Vision Basketball games are played focusing on respect of game rules and respect of other players. Each game is refereed by Christian refs that focus as much on teaching Vision's guiding principles as they do on fouls and turnovers.
A member of the Vision Basketball staff is also present at each game to assist in all aspects of the game, including event communication, coordination of devotional speakers, and monitoring each game to make sure it follows the principles of Vision Basketball.
- Each coach will be given a schedule that will allow every player equal playing time.
- A game consists of two eighteen minute halves, with players rotating every 6 minutes
- The 6-year-olds to 3rd graders will play on an 8-foot goal
- The 4th-6th grade girls will play on a 9-foot goal and the boys will play on a 10-foot goal
- 4th grade and up will shoot foul shots
- Different basic skills will be taught at each game. Referees will be lenient on their calls at the beginning and more strict as the season progresses.
- No individual or team stats will be kept. However, each coach will recognize certain achievements for individual players after each game. Awards to presented after each game include:
- The Offense Award
- The Defense Award
- The Hustle Award
- The Team Award
- The Christ-like Award
If you have any questions about Vision Basketball, please feel free to contact us at any time.